quarta-feira, 16 de janeiro de 2008

what's going on Brooklyn? (part 2, the insight)

So, what's going on Brooklyn? After a short walk in abandoned factories taken by vegetation, big avenues and sort of cheap commerce I still had no trace of any art community happening there, although there is, surely is. More and more I had the feeling I was wandering where i shoul not. Suddenly I was took by a very visual - and unusual- message written in a blue tape on the wall. Although I could not understand much at that time, surely there was a clue that Brooklyn was experiencing some kind of transformation, and that was not without questioning.
The message was there, and somewhat clear (quite clear compared to the idiche letterings), definetly someone was trying to call attention to the dark side of the changes the area was passing through.


But What is ATURA, who is Mayor Moo Moo (hehehe) and what about the 'Ratner Plan'. Well it seemed that I need some more information now. But I knew that on the wrong side of the Brooklyn I could gather something to undestand it as a whole. On the way back - through Lafayett Ave. to Atlantic Ave. I could see more of the area development and take a glimpse of what was written in blue on the wall: the whole area was under severe remodelling.

Nenhum comentário: