terça-feira, 28 de julho de 2009

ley lines introduction



Ley Lines
My research here involves ley lines. That was the theme I choose to work. I wanted to have a closer contact with the field, and the ancients sites of England. It is very difficult to do without a car and with the maps avaliable. I am not a scientist, historicist, nor have an archeologist background, but the theme sounded so great to me when I first read about, that I had to give a try. It all begins with Alfred Watkins, an amateur photographer and archeologist that for years been doing field researchs in England. He realized in one of his travels that some of the sites he’s been visiting were aligned, and the idea that it could be recurrent crossed his mind. He finally established a system that he baptized Ley Lines. These lines never been quite well accepted by the official science, but it have lots of followers. After a while there were some many alleged ley lines that it got really difficult to say if they were true or not.
alfred watkins in the field



So, I’m not here to say if he was right or wrong, but following his ideas and trying to get to his point. I am not sure to have success in my way, because, it is a new field for me and I have limited time, and Watkins been doing it for amazing 45 years before writing his theories. So I will just try to experience the idea involving these alignments, and visit the most ancient sites I have the chance.
Let’s see where I get.

Nenhum comentário: