domingo, 13 de setembro de 2009

days 25,26

25, 26

Thames

these were not very enthusiastic days, really. My friends are still not in London, so used the time to finish some works that were hanging since I left São Paulo. Most of them are finished now, but I spend two days in it. In other hand I had a meeting with Adam Knights, a manager for the Visiting Artists Program (www.visitingarts.org.uk). They’ve been working together with the British Council, but not anymore, and yet they have this kind of good relation between them, so basically he wanted to be sure that I was ok, and if I needed anything. It was good lunch and nice conversation on the top of Tate Modern. Some of his questions could make me think a bit more about my work, as I had to explain it to someone... not easy sometimes, but I am happy that he was experienced with residencies programs, so I think we could have an open conversation.

sun line in tate modern

St. Paul's Cathedral from Modern Tate

the monument

Then after some walking through Tate Modern and Central London, I've found the Cristopher Wren's Monument, built to inaugurate the new city. After the plague of 1665 and the fire of 1666, London was remodeled much - but no totally- in the plans of Cristopher Wren. This inaugurates a modern era in the city, with wider streets and a modern concept.
I think speaking with Adam could help me to see London in a different way, and understand this as a city of many layers. Tomorrow (the 27th) I am going to Holyhead, northeast of Wales, where I expect to spend the next few days. I am going by train, because the coaches get there at an incredible bad time ( 0:40 and 1:20 am). The coaches to Holyhead must have its time adjusted with the ferries, as the city is the port to Ireland.

Let’s see what’s come from that.

Nenhum comentário: