quarta-feira, 5 de agosto de 2009

day 1

Day 1
THE BUS FROM HELL

in Zennor

First day of august started gray and raining. I had a lot in my plans so I just did not care for the rain and headed for the bus station. I had the idea of going to Wells and from there I could go either to Glastonbury or after the chalk land drawing Giant of Cerne Abbas, a village located South East from where I am. As I jumped the bus at 10:00 when I had my first problem, I had no change, and I was missing 20p for the ticket. 20p is nothing, but yet the driver did not allow me to enter. He said me to change my money, but obviously when i get back with my money changed, he wasn’t there anymore, so I had to wait for another hour to get to Wells. I tried not to get upset, because I still had a lot of time. Getting to Wells it was pouring rain, so much that I could not see the Glastonbury Tor from the road. Bad sign, I though, and decided take the but to Yevol where I could take another bus to Cerne Abbas. The bus to Yeovil had departed just a few minutes before I arrived, so i had to wait for almost an hour there. It was around 12:45 when I get the bus and finally went to Yeovil. In the way we passed through Glastonbury, and I could feel the atmosphere of the city. It is funny mixture of a hippie and medieval culture there, and people are not afraid to dress as they like. It is nice and funny, with lots of esotheric shops. I could see the Tor very close to me.
We arrived in Yevol at 14:30hs, 15 minutes after the last bus of the day (that’s right) departed to Cerne Abbas. So I was 10 kilometer next to it and yet it was raining and there were no way to get there. I decided to go back, but had to wait another hour until get a bus. In the meantime, I found a very interesting book about legends and myths of England in a second hand store, so I decided purchase it in the memory of my failure. When I finally get in the bus to go back, the rain had stopped, and sky cleared off.
We still passed through Glastonbury again, but I was too tired to get out of the bus knowing I would have to go back again to Wells and get another bus. Again in Wells, of course, the bus had departed just five minutes ago so I had to wait for another hour. Yes, today was my “bus from hell” day, and when I get back to Bath, it was 19:00hs which I spent mostly sat back in a bus, when I could not get where I wanted, and it only stopped from raining when I decided to go back. I imagine if that was the 13th day of my travel, and bingo! Yes it was. I hope I don’t have another like that (I mean, in my life).

Computer is man’s best friend.
Never laugh at a Scottish man dressed in Quilts.


note: as I don't really have images of this day, I just posted some off topic (and some other that was just too much then) pics here.




the Roman Baths and a "priest" of the temple


the pretty st. Ives


there were some complains about the absolute lack of sex in this blog, so there you are.

Nenhum comentário: